Inspire your students to become lifelong lovers of the piano with Supersonics Pop School 1 Method Book. This book teaches all the pop chords for the piano with catchy, fun-to-play pieces.
Pop School 1 is the perfect companion to more “traditional” piano methods (If you are already using the Supersonics Piano Method, that is, Levels 1, 2, 3 or Quick Start A, then you are already covering the concepts and material within this book). Each original piece introduces new pop chords and demonstrates how to apply them to the piece provided with different levels of difficulty. You can make each piece as easy or as hard as you want.
Chords are introduced first using the absolute naming system (that is: C, Am and so on). Then, when students have a good practical knowledge of these, you can expand on this and introduce a relative naming system. The free Roman Numeral and Nashville Number System analyses in Supersonics Plus will help you to do this.
Enhance your teaching method with these extra online resources and creative activities in the app that encourage students to practice and take pride in their progress.
By the end of this piano chord book and the accompanying online material students will have a deep understanding and foundation from which to apply their knowledge to other styles and genres of music.
The recordings are of the most “simple” version of each piece. Students are encouraged to explore different accompaniment patterns as they progress through the book.
(turn your phone sideways to view the samples)
The Supersonics Plus App adds so much more to this piano lesson book for beginners. Access the teaching resources, sample recordings, activities and more – in studio or at home, and create a rich, dynamic and engaging learning experience. All the core content is free!VIEW THIS BOOK IN PLUS
Upgrade to Supersonics Pro to get the most out of the app. You can bookmark pieces for your students, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more. You also get discounts on print books, new supplementary pieces every month and an online portal for students to access and practice at home.LEARN MORE ABOUT SUPERSONICS PRO
- Content: 48 pages piano method book with 6-12 months of teaching material for beginner pianists of all ages. The beginner pop piano sheet music is fun to play and use creatively.
- BONUS FREE ACCESS to Supersonics Plus material: Get sample recordings and additional teaching resources that provide a fun and rich teaching experience for you and your students.
- Studio licencing: Print books are licenced one student per book. UPGRADE TO SUPERSONICS PRO to legally print this book for all your students. You also get a 30% discount on print books. Pass on the full cost of additional books to your students or charge a resource fee to cover the cost of your Pro membership. Learn more about Supersonics Pro.
- Teaching Support via our Facebook Group: Join our Supersonics Piano Facebook Group to join a lively community of piano tutors using our method.
Q: How do I access the material in Supersonics Plus?
A: Simply go on supersonicsplus.com and start by watching the Video Guides. All the resources you need for this book are organised by Module.
Q: What if I want to use the Supersonics Piano Method for more than one student?
A: Each Method Book is licenced for one student. If you’d like to use the Supersonics Method for your entire studio, we recommend upgrading to Supersonics Pro so that you can either legally print copies of this book for all your students or use the 30% discount on print books. You can offset the cost of the membership by charging the full price for print books or by adding a resource fee to your lessons.
Q: What ages / grades is Pop School 1 suitable for?
A: This book is the perfect companion to supplement other piano methods which don’t focus on teaching pop chords for beginners of 6+ years.
Q: How do I know when my student is ready to begin Pop School 1?
A: Students can start working through this book as soon as they can:
- Play “regular” pieces hands together ﬂuently
- Read securely in the range of middle C to G in the treble clef
- Play two diﬀerent notes at the same time with the left hand (the ability to play three notes is preferable but this can be developed over the course of the ﬁrst part of this book).
Q: What techniques and skills will my students master by using this piano method?
A: By the end of Pop School 1 students will have a deep understanding of pop chords and begin to use them creatively – enabling them to elaborate with a range of popular songs and melodies. It will also help provide a better understanding of classical music and other styles such as rock, blues and jazz. They’ll understand:
- Major and minor chords
- Slash chords (inversions)
- Augmented and diminished chords
- 7th chords, including major 7ths
- 5 / Power chords
- Pentatonic and blues scales
- Simple jazz chords
Q: What happens when my student is ready for the next level?
A: When your student gets to the end of this book for pop chords for beginners, they can build on this knowledge in Pop School 2.
This book includes the following pieces:
When the Sun Shines
A Moonlit Tale
I See You
Ready in 5
A New Hope
- Use this method with the Supersonics Plus App to access all the free supplementary material.
- Upgrade your access to the app by subscribing to Supersonics Pro to get discounts on print books, new pieces every month, and an online portal for students to access and practice at home. Bookmark their pieces, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more.
- Use this book as the repertoire, technical and creative base for teaching/learning pop music. You can then add “real” pop, rock and jazz pieces according to your student’s tastes.
- Printed and shipped from the USA, Australia and the UK
- FREE SHIPPING
- Supersonics Pro members can either print this book immediately or purchase our printed copies for only member’s bookstore in the
- Saddle stitched (a regular stapled book)
PRINTING AND SHIPPING FAQ
Orders made through Amazon will be printed and delivered according to the delivery time you choose during the order process. All Supersonics books are eligible for Prime shipping.
Printed by Supersonics
You can expect delivery in the following time frames:
- Standard shipping: 5-15 business days (trackable)
- Priority shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Major urban areas: 2-5 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Rural areas and WA: 4-10 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Standard shipping: 5-10 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 3-6 business days (trackable)
- Ground shipping: 10-15 business days (trackable, cannot ship to PO boxes)
- Expedited shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 8-12 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 5-8 business days (trackable)
Please note that we can only deliver Supersonics printed books to the following countries: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Italy. If your country isn’t listed please contact us and we will see if we can add you to the list.
Please also refer to our Shipping and Returns page.