Watch your students fall in love with the piano, using the Supersonics Piano method – starting with this Level 1 book for beginners.
These fun, inspiring pieces will excite your students from the get-go, encouraging them to develop a regular practice routine and take pride in their progress.
Book 1 of the method takes a playful, open-minded approach to teaching students to read music, developing core techniques, learning to transpose and harmonise.
It features creative activities for students, encouraging them to make up their own melodies, train their musical ear and consolidate learnings with repetitive melodic patterns across fun-to-play pieces – making it easy to understand and integrate new music.
The Supersonics Plus App adds so much more to this piano lesson book for beginners. Access the teaching resources, backing tracks, teacher duets, activities, theory and more – in studio or at home, and create a rich, dynamic and engaging learning experience. All the core content is free!VIEW THIS BOOK IN PLUS
Upgrade to Supersonics Pro to get the most out of the app. You can bookmark pieces for your students, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more. You also get discounts on print books, new supplementary pieces every month and an online portal for students to access and practice at home.LEARN MORE ABOUT SUPERSONICS PRO
- Content: 160 pages with 1-2 years of teaching material for complete beginners (approx. ages 6-12). This book contains 129 original pieces, arrangements, compositions tasks and simple harmonisations.
- Musical preparation: Set your students up for success by developing fundamental musical skills and techniques.
- BONUS FREE ACCESS to Supersonics Plus material: Get rote pieces, backing tracks, teacher duets, theory, rhythm builders and improvisation pieces that work with this method, to give you a fun and rich teaching experience for you and your students.
- Studio licencing: Print books are licenced one student per book. UPGRADE TO SUPERSONICS PRO to legally print this book for all your students. You also get a 20% discount on print books. Pass on the full cost of additional books to your students or charge a resource fee to cover the cost of your Pro membership. Learn more about Supersonics Pro.
- Teaching Support via our Facebook Group: Join our Supersonics Piano Facebook Group to join a lively community of piano tutors using our method.
Q: How do I access the material in Supersonics Plus?
A: Simply go on supersonicsplus.com and start by watching the Video Guides. All the resources you need for this book are organised by Module.
Q: What if I want to use the Supersonics Piano Method for more than one student?
A: Each Method Book is licenced for one student. If you’d like to use the Supersonics Method for your entire studio, we recommend upgrading to Supersonics Pro so that you can either legally print copies of this book for all your students or use the 20% discount on print books. You can offset the cost of the membership by charging the full price for print books or by adding a resource fee to your lessons.
Q: What ages / grades is the Method Book 1 suitable for?
A: The lessons taught in Level 1 of the Supersonics Piano Method are suitable for children aged 6+ years.
Older students and adults might find the accelerated learning in Quick Start A provides a more suitable lesson pace.
Q: If I want to transfer my students to your method from another, how do I know where to start?
A: The best entry points into the Supersonics Piano Method are at Level 1, Blast Off Bridge and Level 4.
Q: What techniques and skills will my students master by using this piano method?
A: By the end of Level One, students will be confident and effective players and be able to:
- link musical symbol to sound
- read effectively
- learn pieces by rote
- play in time
- play with good technique
- display a wide dynamic range
- understand and express a range of musical gestures
- play simple pop chords
- harmonise simple melodies
- respond to creative stimuli
- and much more
View the techniques and skills the method teachers in this overview.
Q: It looks like a lot of the pieces are in “C position”. Is this the case?
A: No. By using different finger combinations, wide-ranging rote pieces and transposition early in the book and small stretches and moving around the thumb later in the book students avoid getting locked into a 5 finger mindset.
Q: How will I know when my student is ready for the next level in the Supersonics Piano Method?
A: When your student gets to the end of this first method book, use your judgement as to whether you feel they’re ready to move onto Level 2. If you’d like to spend more time consolidating the skills and techniques learned, you might like to use Land of the Middle Seas.
This book includes the following pieces:
The C Song
The D Song
Can You Count?
The E Song
Up and Down
Count it Out
“Light of the Moon”
“Mary Had a Little Lamb”
Call and Response One
Join the Dots
Walk it Up
Stepping Up and Down
Up and Down Again
Step and a Skip
I See a G
Left Hand Waltz
Left Hand Steps
Look! Both Hands!
Left and Right
All Together Now
Don’t Let Go!
Skip To It
Call and Response Two
Build It Up
Let’s Get Loud!
Lord of the Keys
“Hot Cross Buns”
“Sweetly Sing the Donkey”
Call and Response Three
Skip and a Trip
Happy and Sad
“Aura Lee” (Poulton)
Little Mary’s Lost Her Lamb
Call and Response Four
Say It Again
Waltz It Up
In the Dark
“Hot Cross Buns”
Call and Response Five
Follow My Lead
Pushing the Limits
Reach the Stars
Trapped in the Maze
That’s So Sad
“Pop Goes the Weasel”
Call and Response Six
“All Through The Night”
Call and Response Seven
Sounds From Below
A Sad Canon
“Hungarian Folk Song”
“Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”
“Skip to My Lou”
Call and Response Eight
Keys on Fire
Ghosts and Ghouls
“I’m a Little Teapot”
Call and Response Nine
Pop School (chord piece)
“March Slav” (Tchaikovsky)
“When the Saints Go Marching In”
“The Princess Pat”
Momentum (chord piece)
Spin and Twirl
Flight Over the Mountains
25 ROTE PIECES
(not included in the printed book – these are available online for free in Supersonics Plus)
+ 13 student improvisations with teacher duets (not included in the printed book – these are available online for free in Supersonics Plus)
- Use this method with the Supersonics Plus App to access all the free supplementary material.
- Upgrade your access to the app by subscribing to Supersonics Pro to get discounts on print books, new pieces every month, and an online portal for students to access and practice at home. Bookmark their pieces, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more.
- Use this book as the repertoire, technical and creative base for your teaching/learning. The flexibility of the method means that you can very easily add your own material to create personal musical journeys for every student.
PRINTED BY SUPERSONICS
- Printed and shipped from the USA, Australia and the UK
- FREE SHIPPING
- Pro members save 20%
- Coil bound
PRINTING AND SHIPPING FAQ
Orders made through Amazon will be printed and delivered according to the delivery time you choose during the order process. All Supersonics books are eligible for Prime shipping.
Printed by Supersonics
You can expect delivery in the following time frames:
- Standard shipping: 5-15 business days (trackable)
- Priority shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Major urban areas: 2-5 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Rural areas and WA: 4-10 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Standard shipping: 5-10 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 3-6 business days (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 12-20 business days (not trackable)
- Ground shipping: 10-15 business days (trackable, cannot ship to PO boxes)
- Standard shipping: 10-20 business days (not trackable)
- Expedited shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 8-12 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 5-8 business days (trackable)
Please note that we can only deliver Supersonics printed books to the following countries: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Italy. If your country isn’t listed please contact us and we will see if we can add you to the list.
Please also refer to our Shipping and Returns page.