Whether you’ve been using the old Blast Off Book in your studio already, or if you’re wanting to transition new students into the Supersonics Method – this bridging book is the best spot to introduce later beginners to Supersonics.
Crucial elements to your students’ success are introduced in Blast Off Bridge. Students begin to play with sharps and flats, learn basic pop chords, and extend their reading range beyond C to G. They also start using the sustain pedal and finish building core technical skills.
Delight your students with engaging online teaching resources that accompany all the Supersonics Method Books and streamline your teaching process.
You’ll love watching your students fall in love with the piano.
When you’ve completed this bridging book, move into Level 2 of the piano method. Read more information about transferring from other methods here.
The audio samples feature the solo recordings. You can listen to the free backing tracks and view all the online support material for this book here
(turn your phone sideways to view the samples)
The Supersonics Plus App adds so much more to this piano lesson book for beginners. Access the teaching resources, backing tracks, activities and more – in studio or at home, and create a rich, dynamic and engaging learning experience. All the core content is free! View this book in Plus
Upgrade to Supersonics Pro to get the most out of the app. You can bookmark pieces for your students, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more. You also get discounts on print books, new supplementary pieces every month and an online portal for students to access and practice at home.
- Content: 48 pages piano method book with 3-6 months of teaching material for late beginner pianists of all ages, It introduces catchy, original music and vital techniques that will set students up for future success.
- Each module is targeted towards a particular concept, note-reading range or rhythm, making it easy to understand and to integrate extra material.
- BONUS FREE ACCESS to Supersonics Plus material: Get backing tracks and rhythm builders that work with this method, to give you a fun and rich teaching experience for you and your students.
- Studio licencing: Print books are licenced one student per book. UPGRADE TO SUPERSONICS PRO to legally print this book for all your students. You also get a generous discount on print books. Pass on the full cost of additional books to your students or charge a resource fee to cover the cost of your Pro membership. Learn more about Supersonics Pro.
- Teaching Support via our Facebook Group: Join our Supersonics Piano Facebook Group to join a lively community of piano tutors using our method.
Q: How do I access the material in Supersonics Plus?
A: Simply go on supersonicsplus.com and start by watching the Video Guides. All the resources you need for this book are organised by Module.
Q: What if I want to use the Supersonics Piano Method for more than one student?
A: Each Method Book is licenced for one student. If you’d like to use the Supersonics Method for your entire studio, we recommend upgrading to Supersonics Pro so that you can either legally print copies of this book for all your students or use the discount on print books. You can offset the cost of the membership by charging the full price for print books or by adding a resource fee to your lessons.
Q: What ages / grades is this book suitable for?
A: Ages 7+
Learn more about the flow of the Supersonics Method.
Q: If I want to transfer my students to your method from another, how do I know where to start?
A: The best entry points into the Supersonics Piano Method are at Level 1, Blast Off Bridge and Level 4.
Read more information about transferring from other methods here.
This book includes the following pieces:
Keys on Fire
Ghosts and Ghouls
I’m a Little Teapot
A Sad Canon
“Hungarian Folk Song” (Traditional)
“March Slav” (Tchaikovsky)
“When the Saints Go Marching In” (Purvis and Black)
“The Princess Pat”
Spin and Twirl
Flight Over the Mountains
- Use this method with the Supersonics Plus App to access all the free supplementary material.
- Upgrade your access to the app by subscribing to Supersonics Pro to get discounts on print books, new pieces every month, and an online portal for students to access and practice at home. Bookmark their pieces, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more.
- Use this book as the repertoire, technical and creative base for your teaching/learning. The flexibility of the method means that you can very easily add your own material to create personal musical journeys for every student.
You can expect delivery in the following time frames:
- Standard shipping: 2-4 weeks (trackable)
- Priority shipping: 1-3 weeks (trackable)
Australia – publicly available books
- Major urban areas: 1-2 weeks (most orders are trackable)
- Rural areas and WA: 1-3 weeks (most orders are trackable)
Australia – Pro member books
- Major urban areas: 1-4 weeks (most orders are trackable)
- Rural areas and WA: 1-4 weeks (most orders are trackable)
- Standard shipping: 1-2 weeks (not trackable)
- Standard shipping: 2-3 weeks (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 3-5 weeks (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 2-3 weeks (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 1-3 weeks (some countries are trackable)
Please note that we can only deliver Supersonics printed books to the following countries: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Italy. If your country isn’t listed please contact us and we will see if we can add you to the list.
Please also refer to our Shipping and Returns page.
- We support local businesses so your order will be printed and shipped from the nearest location to you (we have print hubs in the USA, Australia and the UK)
- Saddle-stitched (a regular stapled book)
- We offer FREE SHIPPING for orders of 5 or more books
- Can’t wait to get started? You get immediate temporary access to the first 17 pages of this book so that you can get started while you’re waiting for your book to arrive 🙂
- Supersonics Pro members can either print this book immediately or purchase our discounted printed copies in the member’s bookstore