Daniel McFarlane’s piano method is about building students’ confidence with fun, original pieces – and this piano book for adults and teens is no exception.
Supersonics Method Quick Start B introduces new scales, modes and styles of music at an accelerated pace for older students at mid-late elementary level. The catchy, original pieces will engage learners of all ages.
You’ll help them develop into expressive players, refining their pedalling technique and musical ear. They’ll have a practical understanding of many of the major and minor scales, as well as chromatic, blues and jazz scales. And you’ll expand their knowledge of music with more authentic, historical pieces, popular chords, familiar melodies and folk songs.
The streamlined modules introduce new concepts in a fast, flexible and open-minded way. Mix and match the pieces to learn according to your lesson plan, or work through the book from cover to cover. Students will consolidate their learnings with a range of new creative exercises.
This book is the best way to get students to learn piano fast. You’ll see their confidence bloom as they take pride in their success.
In this section we introduce all the key groups used in this book (C, F, G and D majors and A, D and E minors) plus the chromatic scale. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This section features arrangements of folk tunes and popular classics. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
In this section we cover the modes of the major scale (Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian and Locrian). The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This section features original historical repertoire by some of the great composers. All the keys for this level are represented in this section. View the online support material
In this section we continue the harmonic exploration we began in Level A. As an extension activity you might like to use the chord progressions in these pieces as the base for new compositions. View the online support material
In this section we explore your musical creativity.
The Supersonics Plus App adds so much more to this piano lesson book for beginners. Access the teaching resources, backing tracks, activities and more – in studio or at home, and create a rich, dynamic and engaging learning experience. All the core content is free!VIEW THIS BOOK IN PLUS
Upgrade to Supersonics Pro to get the most out of the app. You can bookmark pieces for your students, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more. You also get discounts on print books, new supplementary pieces every month and an online portal for students to access and practice at home.LEARN MORE ABOUT SUPERSONICS PRO
- Content: 140 pages piano method book with 1-2 years of teaching material for older beginners (approx. ages 11-12).
- BONUS FREE ACCESS to Supersonics Plus material: Get backing tracks and rhythm builders that work with this method, to give you a fun and rich teaching experience for you and your students.
- Studio licencing: Print books are licenced one student per book. UPGRADE TO SUPERSONICS PRO to legally print this book for all your students. You also get a 20% discount on print books. Pass on the full cost of additional books to your students or charge a resource fee to cover the cost of your Pro membership. Learn more about Supersonics Pro.
- Teaching Support via our Facebook Group: Join our Supersonics Piano Facebook Group to join a lively community of piano tutors using our method.
Q: How do I access the material in Supersonics Plus?
A: Simply go on supersonicsplus.com and start by watching the Video Guides. All the resources you need for this book are organised by Module.
Q: What if I want to use the Supersonics Piano Method for more than one student?
A: Each Method Book is licenced for one student. If you’d like to use the Supersonics Method for your entire studio, we recommend upgrading to Supersonics Pro so that you can either legally print copies of this book for all your students or use the 20% discount on print books. You can offset the cost of the membership by charging the full price for print books or by adding a resource fee to your lessons.
Q: What ages / grades is the Quick Start B suitable for?
The lessons taught in Quick Start B build on the techniques and theory in previous levels. The books have content suitable for late-elementary (approx. 10 years right through to adults).
Q: If I want to transfer my students to your method from another, how do I know where to start?
A: The best entry points into the accelerated Supersonics Piano Method are at Quick Start A and Level 4 of the main method.
Q: What techniques and skills will my students master by using this piano method?
A: By the end of Quick Start B, students will be confident and expressive players. They’ll have a greater understanding of:
- music from different eras
- practical understanding of components of Grade 1 Theory, and
- how the modes of the major scale work
They’ll also be able to:
- compose and play in a range of different keys
- transpose more complex pieces
- play expressively with good technique
- play pieces with homophonic and polyphonic elements
- play pop chords in a range of major and minor keys
- respond to complex creative stimuli
- and much more
Q: How will I know when my student is ready for the next level in the Supersonics Piano Method?
A: When your student gets to the end of this first method book, use your judgement as to whether you feel they’re ready to move onto Level 4 of the main method book series. If you’d like to spend more time consolidating the skills and techniques learned, you might like to use Beat the Clock 2.
This book includes the following pieces:
C major scale piece
A minor scale piece
F major scale piece
D minor scale piece
G major scale piece
E minor scale piece
After the Battle
D major scale piece
“You Shall Go No More” (Mozart)
“Hava Nagila” (Traditional)
“William Tell Overture” (Rossini)
“Scarborough Fair” (Traditional)
“Amazing Grace” (Traditional)
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (Dukas)
“Russian Dance” (Tchaikovsky)
Mixed Messages (Dorian Mode)
Bazaar (Phrygian mode)
The Triffid (Lydian mode)
The Village Fair (Mixolydian mode)
Aeolian Air (Aeolian mode)
Stranger Horizons (Locrian mode)
“Canon in A minor” (Kunz)
“Study in F” (Gurlitt)
“The Flowers Sing of Love” (Bartók)
“Study in G” (Müller)
“A Little Piece” (Beyer)
“Canon in D” (Kunz)
+ 8 composition tasks
- Use this method with the Supersonics Plus App to access all the free supplementary material.
- Upgrade your access to the app by subscribing to Supersonics Pro to get discounts on print books, new pieces every month, and an online portal for students to access and practice at home. Bookmark their pieces, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more.
- Use this book as the repertoire, technical and creative base for your teaching/learning. The flexibility of the method means that you can very easily add your own material to create personal musical journeys for every student.
- Printed and shipped from the USA, Australia and the UK
- FREE SHIPPING to the USA, Australia, the UK and Europe
- Pro members save 20% (grab the discount code here)
- Coil bound
PRINTING AND SHIPPING FAQ
Orders made through Amazon will be printed and delivered according to the delivery time you choose during the order process. All Supersonics books are eligible for Prime shipping.
Printed by Supersonics
You can expect delivery in the following time frames:
- Standard shipping: 5-15 business days (trackable)
- Priority shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Major urban areas: 2-5 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Rural areas and WA: 4-10 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Standard shipping: 5-10 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 3-6 business days (trackable)
- Ground shipping: 10-15 business days (trackable, cannot ship to PO boxes)
- Expedited shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 8-12 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 5-8 business days (trackable)
Please note that we can only deliver Supersonics printed books to the following countries: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Italy. If your country isn’t listed please contact us and we will see if we can add you to the list.
Please also refer to our Shipping and Returns page.