Inspire your students to become lifelong lovers of the piano with Level 5 of the Supersonics Method for intermediate players.
Build student confidence by consolidating lessons learned with fun-to-play pieces they’ll love. Expand their repertoire with a diverse range of world music, modern pop melodies and historical pieces from different eras.
Challenge them to pick extra intermediate piano sheet music to learn – and see their eyes light up as they use their hard-earned skills to play music they adore.
There’s nothing more rewarding.
Just like Level 4, the lessons in this book are as flexible as you need them to be. Mix and match the music with your lessons or play each piece in the order presented. And when paired with a general music theory book, the advanced intermediate music gives students the opportunity to put theory into practice.
We guarantee you’ll love this intermediate piano lesson book. It maintains the learning focus of earlier method books, while challenging students to be independent performers with engaging solos, online backing tracks and creative activities.
This book incorporates the second half of Pop School Level 2. Your students will love creatively exploring the different accompaniment styles featured.
By the end of the Supersonics Piano Method Level 5, your students will be confident performers who have a broad appreciation for a vast range of music. They will also be able to work in every major and minor key. With your guidance – they’ll have become a lifelong lover of the piano.
This section explores the keys of F#, C#, F, G#, Bb and Eb minor.The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
Explore some of Daniel’s most popular solos for this level. View the online support material
Explore music from around the world. View the online support material
This section features original repertoire by some of the great composers. View the online support material
In this section we explore different accompaniment patterns. View the online support material
In this section we explore your musical creativity.
The Supersonics Plus App adds so much more to this piano lesson book for beginners. Access the teaching resources, backing tracks, activities and more – in studio or at home, and create a rich, dynamic and engaging learning experience. All the core content is free!VIEW THIS BOOK IN PLUS
Upgrade to Supersonics Pro to get the most out of the app. You can bookmark pieces for your students, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more. You also get discounts on print books, new supplementary pieces every month and an online portal for students to access and practice at home.LEARN MORE ABOUT SUPERSONICS PRO
- Content: 140 pages piano method book with 1-2 years of teaching material for early intermediate pianists of all ages. Book 5 consolidates the learnings from Level 4, as well as a range of styles and genres for your students to play – setting them up to become confident performers.
- This book is arranged in units featuring fun original pieces, arrangements and classical historical repertoire they’ll be excited to play.
- BONUS FREE ACCESS to Supersonics Plus material: Get backing tracks and extra material that work with this method, to give you a fun and rich teaching experience for you and your students.
- Studio licencing: Print books are licenced one student per book. UPGRADE TO SUPERSONICS PRO to legally print this book for all your students. You also get a 20% discount on print books. Pass on the full cost of additional books to your students or charge a resource fee to cover the cost of your Pro membership. Learn more about Supersonics Pro.
- Teaching Support via our Facebook Group: Join our Supersonics Piano Facebook Group to join a lively community of piano tutors using our method.
Q: How do I access the material in Supersonics Plus?
A: Simply go on supersonicsplus.com and start by watching the Video Guides. All the resources you need for this book are organised by Module.
Q: What if I want to use the Supersonics Piano Method for more than one student?
A: Each Method Book is licenced for one student. If you’d like to use the Supersonics Method for your entire studio, we recommend upgrading to Supersonics Pro so that you can either legally print copies of this book for all your students or use the 20% discount on print books. You can offset the cost of the membership by charging the full price for print books or by adding a resource fee to your lessons.
Q: What ages / grades is the Method Book 5 suitable for?
A: The lessons taught in Level 5 build on the techniques and theory in previous levels while consolidating all the major keys and introducing more complex music. The books are suitable for intermediate to advanced players of all ages.
Q: If I want to transfer my students to your method from another, how do I know where to start?
A: The best entry points into the Supersonics Piano Method are at Level 1, Blast Off Bridge and Level 4.
Q: What techniques and skills will my students master by using this piano method?
A: By the end of this fifth level in our series of piano lesson books, students will be confident and expressive players who have a more advanced understanding of keys, styles and theory. In fact, many of the historical pieces are listed with Exam Boards, so they’re perfect for those students wishing to lead into exams. They’ll be practised in playing:
- music from different eras
- in different major and minor keys, and
They’ll also be able to:
- compose in a range of different keys
- play more advanced pieces expressively with good technique
- play arrangements with homophonic and polyphonic elements
- play and compose music using pop chords in a range of major and minor keys
- respond to some advanced creative stimuli
- and much more
Q: How happens after this book?
A: When your student gets to the end of this advanced intermediate book, you can guide them in learning more complex pieces, and potentially help prepare them for practical exams.
If you’d like to spend more time consolidating the skills and techniques learned, we recommend you explore our sheet music to find more fun pieces to help them consolidate their knowledge and technique learned.
This book includes the following pieces:
Air Navigators: Major
Rainbow Surfing (Eb major)
Over the Horizon (E major)
Sunburst (Ab major)
Air Sprites (B major)
Chasing the Dawn (Db major)
Odyssey (Gb major)
The Outer Worlds
Countdown (F# minor)
Ascent (C# minor)
Exosphere (F minor)
Celestial (G# minor)
Wormhole (Bb minor)
Descent (Eb minor)
Battle of the Ants
The Space Between
Kangding Love Song (China)
Ailein Duinn (UK)
The Ballad of Down Under (Australia)
Joshua Fit the Battle (USA)
Siyahamba (South Africa)
La Cumparsita (South America)
Prelude in C Minor (J.S. Bach)
Sonatina: 1st and 2nd mov’ts (Clementi)
The Wild Rider (Schumann)
The Entertainer (Joplin)
Dance With Me (Bartók)
Boogie Woogie 2
+ 3 creative exercises
- Use this method with the Supersonics Plus App to access all the free supplementary material.
- Upgrade your access to the app by subscribing to Supersonics Pro to get discounts on print books, new pieces every month, and an online portal for students to access and practice at home. Bookmark their pieces, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more.
- Use this book as the repertoire, technical and creative base for your teaching/learning. The flexibility of the method means that you can very easily add your own material to create personal musical journeys for every student.
- Printed and shipped from the USA, Australia and the UK
- FREE SHIPPING to the USA, Australia, the UK and Europe
- Pro members save 20% (grab the discount code here)
- Coil bound
PRINTING AND SHIPPING FAQ
Orders made through Amazon will be printed and delivered according to the delivery time you choose during the order process. All Supersonics books are eligible for Prime shipping.
Printed by Supersonics
You can expect delivery in the following time frames:
- Standard shipping: 5-15 business days (trackable)
- Priority shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Major urban areas: 2-5 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Rural areas and WA: 4-10 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Standard shipping: 5-10 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 3-6 business days (trackable)
- Ground shipping: 10-15 business days (trackable, cannot ship to PO boxes)
- Expedited shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 8-12 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 5-8 business days (trackable)
Please note that we can only deliver Supersonics printed books to the following countries: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Italy. If your country isn’t listed please contact us and we will see if we can add you to the list.
Please also refer to our Shipping and Returns page.