Build on the techniques learned in earlier books in the Supersonics Method with a range of new creative exercises and engaging pieces.
The progressive modules introduce new concepts in a flexible and playful way. Teach new scales, modes and styles of music – without overwhelming students. They’ll love the fun-to-play pieces in this elementary book.
Each module focuses on a new key. Students learn to find their way around the key using the Supersonics Scale piece then practice using existing techniques with a range of traditional, modern and unusual harmonies, pop chords, interesting arrangements and authentic historical pieces.
They’ll further develop technical skills and become expressive players, refining their pedalling technique and musical ear. By the end of this level, your students will have covered seven of the major and minor keys as well as explored the chromatic scale, blues and jazz.
As well as developing the core skills essential for practical examinations, students will also be able to put all the theory from a Grade 1 Theory course into practice.
Encourage your students to expand their musical horizons and deepen their love of music. Don’t forget to explore the fun online resources inside the Supersonics Plus App for this level.
This module explores the key of C major. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module explores the key of A minor. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module explores the key of F major. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module explores the key of D minor. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module explores the key of G major. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module explores the key of E minor. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module explores the key of D major. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module explores the modes of the major scale. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
The aim of this section is for you to explore your musical creativity.
The Supersonics Plus App adds so much more to this piano lesson book for beginners. Access the teaching resources, backing tracks, activities and more – in studio or at home, and create a rich, dynamic and engaging learning experience. All the core content is free!VIEW THIS BOOK IN PLUS
Upgrade to Supersonics Pro to get the most out of the app. You can bookmark pieces for your students, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more. You also get discounts on print books, new supplementary pieces every month and an online portal for students to access and practice at home.LEARN MORE ABOUT SUPERSONICS PRO
- Content: 164 pages piano method book with 1-2 years of teaching material for late elementary pianists of all ages. Book 3 features Modules 23 to 30 of the course, extending on the skills, technique and theory taught in previous levels. Students will explore:
- the keys of C,F,G and D major and A,D and E minor
- Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian and Locrian modes
- pentatonic, minor pentatonic and blues scales
- chromatic harmony
- unusual time signatures
- BONUS FREE ACCESS to Supersonics Plus material: Get backing tracks and rhythm builders that work with this method, to give you a fun and rich teaching experience for you and your students.
- Studio licencing: Print books are licenced one student per book. UPGRADE TO SUPERSONICS PRO to legally print this book for all your students. You also get a 20% discount on print books. Pass on the full cost of additional books to your students or charge a resource fee to cover the cost of your Pro membership. Learn more about Supersonics Pro.
- Teaching Support via our Facebook Group: Join our Supersonics Piano Facebook Group to join a lively community of piano tutors using our method.
Q: How do I access the material in Supersonics Plus?
A: Simply go on supersonicsplus.com and start by watching the Video Guides. All the resources you need for this book are organised by Module.
Q: What if I want to use the Supersonics Piano Method for more than one student?
A: Each Method Book is licenced for one student. If you’d like to use the Supersonics Method for your entire studio, we recommend upgrading to Supersonics Pro so that you can either legally print copies of this book for all your students or use the 20% discount on print books. You can offset the cost of the membership by charging the full price for print books or by adding a resource fee to your lessons.
Q: What ages / grades is the Method Book 3 suitable for?
A: The lessons taught in Level 3 build on the techniques and theory in previous levels. The books are suitable for mid to late-elementary players of all ages.
Older students and adults might find the accelerated learning in Quick Start B provide a more suitable lesson pace.
Q: If I want to transfer my students to your method from another, how do I know where to start?
A: The best entry points into the Supersonics Piano Method are at Level 1, Blast Off Bridge and Level 4.
Q: What techniques and skills will my students master by using this piano method?
A: By the end of Level 3, students will be confident and expressive players. They’ll have a greater understanding of:
- music from different eras
- practical understanding of components of Grade 1 Theory, and
- how the modes of the major scale work
They’ll also be able to:
- compose and play in a range of different keys
- play expressively with good technique
- play arrangements with homophonic and polyphonic elements
- play pop chords in a range of major and minor keys
- respond to complex creative stimuli
- and much more
Q: How will I know when my student is ready for the next level in the Supersonics Piano Method?
A: When your student gets to the end of this first method book, use your judgement as to whether you feel they’re ready to move onto Level 4. If you’d like to spend more time consolidating the skills and techniques learned, you might like to use Beat the Clock Book 2.
This book includes the following pieces:
Happy Days (chord piece)
C major scale piece
“Little Sonata” (Wilton)
“Study in C” (Czerny)
“You Shall Go No More” (Mozart)
Lonely Road (chord piece)
A minor scale piece
Changing of the Guard
“Study in A Minor” (Gurlitt)
“Hava Nagila” (Traditional)
Dreaming (chord piece)
F major scale piece
Pot of Gold
“William Tell Overture” (Rossini)
“The Galway Piper” (Traditional)
“Study in F” (Gurlitt)
March Macabre (chord piece)
D minor scale piece
“Scarborough Fair” (Traditional)
“The Flowers Sing of Love” (Bartók)
Afterglow (chord piece)
G major scale piece
“Study in G” (Müller)
“A Little Piece” (Beyer)
“Amazing Grace” (Traditional)
“Country Gardens” (Traditional)
Electrix (chord piece)
Pentatonica (chord piece)
Blue Daze (chord piece)
E minor scale piece
Hall of Shadows
After the Battle
“The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” (Dukas)
Inspire (chord piece)
D major scale piece
Russian Dance (Tchaikovsky)
“Canon in D” (Kunz)
Sunday Afternoon (chord piece)
Mixed Messages (Dorian Mode)
Bazaar (Phrygian mode)
The Triffid (Lydian mode)
The Village Fair (Mixolydian mode)
Aeolian Air (Aeolian mode)
Stranger Horizons (Locrian mode)
+ 8 creative exercises
- Use this method with the Supersonics Plus App to access all the free supplementary material.
- Upgrade your access to the app by subscribing to Supersonics Pro to get discounts on print books, new pieces every month, and an online portal for students to access and practice at home. Bookmark their pieces, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more.
- Use this book as the repertoire, technical and creative base for your teaching/learning. The flexibility of the method means that you can very easily add your own material to create personal musical journeys for every student.
- Printed and shipped from the USA, Australia and the UK
- FREE SHIPPING to the USA, Australia, the UK and Europe
- Pro members save 20% (grab the discount code here)
- Coil bound
PRINTING AND SHIPPING FAQ
Orders made through Amazon will be printed and delivered according to the delivery time you choose during the order process. All Supersonics books are eligible for Prime shipping.
Printed by Supersonics
You can expect delivery in the following time frames:
- Standard shipping: 5-15 business days (trackable)
- Priority shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Major urban areas: 2-5 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Rural areas and WA: 4-10 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Standard shipping: 5-10 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 3-6 business days (trackable)
- Ground shipping: 10-15 business days (trackable, cannot ship to PO boxes)
- Expedited shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 8-12 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 5-8 business days (trackable)
Please note that we can only deliver Supersonics printed books to the following countries: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Italy. If your country isn’t listed please contact us and we will see if we can add you to the list.
Please also refer to our Shipping and Returns page.