This product has ben updated. You can find the 2021 edition here
Level 2 of the Supersonics Piano Method is full of more engaging pieces, guaranteed to continue to excite your students – while building their technical skills and note reading range.
The best piano method books provide a fun, open-minded approach to learning and teaching piano. And this is what the Supersonics Method is all about.
Students extend their reading range out to the 5 C’s gradually, without locking them into rigid closed hand positioning. They’ll learn and practise how to leap across octaves, with a range of popular folk tunes, pop chords, canons and simple pieces of classical historical repertoire. You’ll love watching their confidence grow as they play.
Watch your students take pride in their progress as the method introduces them to unusual time signatures and tonal variations. Help them refine their ear, develop their transposition skills and create melodies in different keys.
By the end of Supersonics Piano Method Level 2 your students will be playing expressively across a range of music from different eras, sparking their love of music in all its styles and genres. When accompanied by a standard Grade One theory book, Level 2 comprehensively puts theory into practice throughout each module.
In this module we revisit dotted rhythms and explore two different ways of slowing down the tempo of a piece. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module is all about getting more coordinated. There’s a lot of syncopation to work on (this is where main melodic notes don’t fall on the strong beats). Don’t get tripped up! The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module is all about speed. Get those fingers moving! The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
In this module we explore pieces based on the C major scale. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
It’s time to consolidate and party. The pieces in this module make super impressive concert pieces. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
This module is all about beautiful, expressive playing. The pieces aren’t particularly technically difficult but you will need to listen to your playing closely in order to create the required refined tone and shape. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
In this module we reinforce your knowledge of some landmark notes and leap around the piano (a lot!). The landmark notes we will use are Cs and Gs. Use these notes to orient yourself on the page and at the instrument. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
In this module we try to trip you up with an unusual time signature. All the pieces will have 5 beats per measure/bar. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
In this module we explore the key of F major. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
In this module we explore pieces in D minor. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
In this module we explore D minor further. The audio samples feature the solo recordings. Listen to the free backing tracks and view the online support material
The Supersonics Plus App adds so much more to this piano lesson book for beginners. Access the teaching resources, backing tracks, activities and more – in studio or at home, and create a rich, dynamic and engaging learning experience. All the core content is free!VIEW THIS BOOK IN PLUS
Upgrade to Supersonics Pro to get the most out of the app. You can bookmark pieces for your students, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more. You also get discounts on print books, new supplementary pieces every month and an online portal for students to access and practice at home.LEARN MORE ABOUT SUPERSONICS PRO
- Content: 164 pages piano method book with 1-2 years of teaching material for elementary pianists (approx. ages 6-12 but suitable for all ages). Book 2 features modules 12 to 22 of the course, each building on the skills, technique and theory taught in Level 1.
- Each module is targeted towards a particular concept, note-reading range or rhythm, making it easy to understand and to integrate extra material.
- BONUS FREE ACCESS to Supersonics Plus material: Get backing tracks and rhythm builders that work with this method, to give you a fun and rich teaching experience for you and your students.
- Studio licencing: Print books are licenced one student per book. UPGRADE TO SUPERSONICS PRO to legally print this book for all your students. You also get a 20% discount on print books. Pass on the full cost of additional books to your students or charge a resource fee to cover the cost of your Pro membership. Learn more about Supersonics Pro.
- Teaching Support via our Facebook Group: Join our Supersonics Piano Facebook Group to join a lively community of piano tutors using our method.
Q: How do I access the material in Supersonics Plus?
A: Simply go on supersonicsplus.com and start by watching the Video Guides. All the resources you need for this book are organised by Module.
Q: What if I want to use the Supersonics Piano Method for more than one student?
A: Each Method Book is licenced for one student. If you’d like to use the Supersonics Method for your entire studio, we recommend upgrading to Supersonics Pro so that you can either legally print copies of this book for all your students or use the 20% discount on print books. You can offset the cost of the membership by charging the full price for print books or by adding a resource fee to your lessons.
Q: What ages / grades is the Method Book 2 suitable for?
A: The lessons taught in Level 2 build on the 6 core techniques taught in Level 1. The teaching books have content suitable for early to mid-elementary (approx. age 6+).
Older students and adults might find the accelerated learning in Quick Start A provides a more suitable lesson pace.
Q: If I want to transfer my students to your method from another, how do I know where to start?
A: The best entry points into the Supersonics Piano Method are at Level 1, Blast Off Bridge and Level 4.
Q: What techniques and skills will my students master by using this piano method?
A: By the end of Level Two, students will be confident and effective players and be able to:
- link musical symbol to sound
- read effectively across a wide range
- play in time
- play with good technique
- display a wide dynamic range
- understand and express a range of musical gestures
- begin to understand why music of different eras sounds the way it does
- play pop chords
- harmonise simple melodies
- respond to creative stimuli
- and much more
Q: How will I know when my student is ready for the next level in the Supersonics Piano Method?
A: When your student gets to the end of this first method book, use your judgement as to whether you feel they’re ready to move onto Level 3. If you’d like to spend more time consolidating the skills and techniques learned, you might like to use Beat The Clock Book 1.
This book includes the following pieces:
Drift Away (chord piece)
Keep in Time!
“Ode to Joy” (Beethoven)
“Royal March of the Lion” (Saint-Saëns)
“Swan Lake” (Tchaikovsky)
Together Again (chord piece)
Off the Beat
Jack and the Beanstalk
“Brother John” (Traditional)
Come on Down (chord piece)
The Phoenix Rises
In a Rush
“The Galloping Nag” (Traditional)
When the Sun Shines (chord piece)
Reaching the Top
“The Cancan” (Offenbach)
Forever (chord piece)
“Eine Kleine Nachtmusik” (Mozart)
A Moonlit Tale
Evening Star (chord piece)
I See You (chord piece)
Top C Turvy
Jump On Up
“In the Hall of the Mountain King” (Grieg)
“Study in C” (Czerny)
Ready in 5 (chord piece)
5 to 4
Canon in 5
Waterfalls (chord piece)
“Lavender’s Blue” (Traditional)
Sprite Knight (chord piece)
“Imitation and Inversion” (Bartók)
A New Hope (chord piece)
The Jig is Up
“What Shall We Do” (Traditional)
“Canon in D Minor” (Kunz)
+ 11 student composition tasks
- Use this method with the Supersonics Plus App to access all the free supplementary material.
- Upgrade your access to the app by subscribing to Supersonics Pro to get discounts on print books, new pieces every month, and an online portal for students to access and practice at home. Bookmark their pieces, mark theory, print additional sheet music and much more.
- Use this book as the repertoire, technical and creative base for your teaching/learning. The flexibility of the method means that you can very easily add your own material to create personal musical journeys for every student.
- Printed and shipped from the USA, Australia and the UK
- FREE SHIPPING
- Pro members save 20% (grab the discount code here)
- Coil bound
PRINTING AND SHIPPING FAQ
Orders made through Amazon will be printed and delivered according to the delivery time you choose during the order process. All Supersonics books are eligible for Prime shipping.
Printed by Supersonics
You can expect delivery in the following time frames:
- Standard shipping: 5-15 business days (trackable)
- Priority shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Major urban areas: 2-5 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Rural areas and WA: 4-10 business days (orders over 500g are trackable)
- Standard shipping: 5-10 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 3-6 business days (trackable)
- Ground shipping: 10-15 business days (trackable, cannot ship to PO boxes)
- Expedited shipping: 4-10 business days (trackable)
- Standard shipping: 8-12 business days (not trackable)
- Priority shipping: 5-8 business days (trackable)
Please note that we can only deliver Supersonics printed books to the following countries: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Italy. If your country isn’t listed please contact us and we will see if we can add you to the list.
Please also refer to our Shipping and Returns page.